Saturday, February 27, 2010

purl

Over Christmas I started a blanket for Rachel’s daughter Paige.  I decided that since I would be making a blanket for their newest addition, Caleb, and had already made one for Layla 4 years ago, I didn’t want Paige to be left out! 

This pattern is all purl stitches.  Each row you decrease a number of stitches by purling two stitches together and then increase by that same number of stitches by doing a yarn over, the result is this gorgeous twisted lacy pattern.  Perfect for a little girl!  I am knitting 3 different yarns together once, all are delicate & very soft: one is a pink variegated yarn that I have used before in my baby blankets (it comes in this huge skein, about 600 yards, and I can usually get at least 2 blankets out of it), the next is a light pink & white yarn, and lastly a super soft white one. 

DSCN2696

the yarn

 

DSCN2685

the blanket

So far it’s about 2 feet long, I want to take it out when I visit at the end of March which means I need to get cracking (I keep getting sidetracked though with other projects)   :)  

1 comment:

  1. Paige is so excited. She can not wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete