Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pre-wedding festivities…

Our wedding weekend was full of many fun events leading up to the BIG DAY…  (see collage below, thanks Brittney & Lauren for sharing your pictures with me!)  And as you would expect, the experience was not without some unwelcome surprises too!  :)

Nick and I arrived separately on Friday to Los Abrigados Resort & Spa.  I rode up with one of my Bridesmaids, Beth, along with her daughter & sisters.  It was nice to get some girl time in with them, I have known them for about 20 years and have seen her sisters grow up right before my eyes.  And Nick had to take a portion of the BAR exam back down in Phoenix so he drove up by himself after he was finished. 

When we checked in we were told that at that time the resort didn’t have any hot water.  No big deal!  Right?  I thought that they would have it figured out within 24 hours and I could shower and get ready for the wedding no problem!  I got ready for the rehearsal with Rachel (my MOH) & we headed over to Tlaquepaque to meet with my coordinator to go over the schedule for the wedding.  Everyone met at the Plaza de Campanas at Tlaquepaque to do a quick run through of the ceremony & then we were off to the rehearsal dinner at Los Abrigados.  After a FABULOUS Mexican feast, being introduced to all of the family, and some embarrassing stories we were all ready to have a low key night cap and get to bed somewhat early.  I invited the girls back to my room to relax & chat, while the boys went back to Nicks room to hang out and smoke cigars to celebrate the ending of his bachelorhood!  As the night was winding down & I was walking the girls out, I noticed that the walkway outside of my room had water flowing down it, didn’t think too much of it…  In the middle of the night I woke up *bleary eyed* to use the restroom and noticed that the water pressure in the faucet was low, still didn’t give it much thought…  Then I woke up in the morning and went to turn on the faucet and all I got was a little spit of water & a lot of air, I knew we had a problem!  Apparently the road construction nearby had caused a water line to break & the entire resort now  had NO WATER!!!  Except for a select few suites that were on another system entirely, which is where they put the BRIDE up for the day… :)  THANKFULLY!!!    

 

rehearsal-collage-web-test-

1.  Nick & I practicing walking back down the aisle at the rehearsal.  The bouquet is a collection of all of the gift wrap & ribbons from gifts at the shower Jill Dutchess threw for me over Christmas in the Northwest.  Thanks Lindsay for assembling it all!!!

2.  Bridal party standing in their spots for the ceremony.

3.  Nick and I *pretending* to say our vows.

4.  Our adorable flower girls, Layla & Paige, playing on the steps at Tlaquepaque.

5.  The boys hanging out keeping Nick company the night before the wedding. 

6.  My sister, Shelli, & I with our grandmother from Illinois!  She is 92 and made the journey for the wedding, thanks to my Uncle Alan & Aunt Joy, who accompanied her & made this possible!!!

7.  Nick with his sisters (Lindsay & Kim).  They made t- shirts to commemorate the event - the front had a picture of Nick from grade school & said “Can you handle this?” and then on the back they put their favorite Nick quotes from childhood.  They surprised Nick with these at the rehearsal dinner.  They were a BIG hit – I think they even took a few orders from friends who wanted one!!  :) 

8.  Getting acquainted, waiting for the rehearsal to get started…

9.  Nick and I at the rehearsal dinner.

10.  Nick playing chess the morning of the wedding.  Our hotel (Los Abrigados) had an AMAZING area for kids (of all ages) with a life size chess board. 

11.  Nicks dad Paul *graciously* made me a kit to survive being married to Nick.  Included in the kit were: nerf balls for when Nick is sitting on the couch ENGULFED in the tv & not paying attention to me, wall clips to hold Nicks keys - since he is NOTORIOUS for misplacing them (among OTHER things), air fresheners for the car & home for when Nick stinks up the place, ear plugs for when Nick snores, …  (I know I am forgetting a couple of them)… 

12. m & n open!  Paul organized a mini-golf tournament for everyone the morning of the wedding.  They all had fun getting out & enjoying the FANTASTIC weather!

Even with all of the hiccups we had to endure, the weekend (and more importantly the wedding!) went off without a hitch BEAUTIFULLY!  

stay tuned for more photos from the wedding…

No comments:

Post a Comment