Monday, September 14, 2009

adventures!

It all started last week when we were uptown and HAPPENED on the filming of Sex & the City 2…  After that I came home and did a quick internet search to see if I could find their filming schedule, well it seems that there are people out there that plan their ENTIRE vacations around a movies production schedule (I am not that BAD!).  So I made Nick go back uptown with me the next day, Wednesday, to stand around for hours outside of the Plaza Hotel and watch while not too much transpired.  They literally spend HOURS setting up a scene with the actors stand-ins, get the lighting & angles right, and then bring in the real actoDSCN1912rs to film.  We are talking about shooting for maybe 30 seconds & then they do it all over again, & again, & AGAIN!  I also found out that the apartment that Carrie called home is not too far from our place, so I dragged Nick for a photo op last week too!  :)  It looked like they were painting the inside of the building, so I am guessing that they are setting up for some footage there too…  Do you think I’m obsessed?  :)

Today on our way out to try to see Barack Obama we walked by another location for them shooting, apparently the Coffee Shop that the girls were always at is right around the corner from our building…  We were in a hurry to try to see the Presidents speech, so we didn’t stay long, but this locale is definitely better than the uptown one, not as many tourists & a smaller street make it so you have a better vantage point.   Hope they shoot more here! 

The President spoke down in the Financial District.  We tried to get as close as we could but everywhere we turned there were Secret Service & NYPD out in full force!  In the bottom picture, look at the shorter building in the distance on the left-hand side, the little things you see on top of the roof are SNIPERS! 

DSCN1922

DSCN1924 

When we moved here I had NO IDEA this city was going to be so CAPTIVATING!  I am LOVING it!  You never know what or WHO you will see.  I am looking forward to seeing what the next few months will bring! 

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I would love to come visit NY. If you see Brad Pitt... tell him I Love him! :)

    ReplyDelete