Tuesday, October 6, 2009

red velvet delight…

DSCN2020

Since moving to NYC and NOT having a wedding to plan anymore, I have a lot of free time on my hands now.  I am enjoying cooking more because Nick is in class and doesn’t have as much time to do it.  I also have been baking a LOT!!  So far I have made blueberry muffins, mini drop sugar cookies, and now red velvet cupcakes from SCRATCH!  A few weeks ago Nick asked me to make them and I had planned it for last week, but my mom sent us a package with a bag of kisses in it & we (mostly ME!) ate the whole bag inside of 3 days!  Guess it’s a good thing I’ve been walking EVERYWHERE in the city, huh?!  

DSCN2018 

I looked on-line and in my Joy of Cooking book to find a recipe, I finally settled on this one from Paula Deen because it had more of the ingredients that I already had at home.  The Joy of Cooking one had some specialty things like cake flour, which I am sure would have made them better, but I am trying to conserve money here!  I halved the recipe, so we don’t have as many to eat!  :)  They are frosted with cream cheese frosting & I made a pink sugar to sprinkler on some of them too!  Now all that’s left is for Nick to get home from class & try them out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment