Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nick passed the Bar

Its been 2 1/2 LONG months of waiting, but Friday Nick received word that he passed the Arizona State Bar Exam!!!  Whoo HOO!!  I am so proud of him!  It’s really not surprising that he passed, but with all of the things we have had going on leading up to the Bar and even post exam, it really is a wonder we have survived!  :) 

Here is a re-cap for all of you:  Nick graduated Law School at U of A at the middle of May, he had to be out of his house in Tucson by the end of May.  So he packed up his stuff and put it all in a storage unit in Tucson since that’s where we will be moving in June of next year.  Then he drove up to Phoenix & attended his Bachelor Party (and I my Bachelorette) in Lake Havasu over Memorial Day weekend.  After that he drove up to the Northwest to stay with his parents over the summer to buckle down and study hard for the Bar!  I flew up to visit him for a couple of weeks & Nicks best man, Scott, & his fiancé Brittney came up for a weekend of wine tasting & socializing.  The week after the 4th of July we drove back down the west coast and stopped to stay the night in San Jose with one of Nicks groomsmen, Ed.  When we returned to AZ it was time to start packing up all of my stuff and rent a U-Haul to take it all down to the storage facility in Tucson!  My friend Karla came over to help me start putting my life away in boxes & pack for a honeymoon to a mystery destination!  At the end of July, one week before the wedding!, Nick spent two days in Tucson sitting for the Exam.  (My roommates & I made dinner for Nick and surprised him with party hats, noisemakers, & champagne when he got back from the test!)  And he still had a final section to take THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING in Phoenix.  Are you tired yet?  I don’t know how we did it all!  And didn’t kill each other!  :)

 

DSCN1499 

With all of this going on I don’t know if I would have been disciplined enough to study & stay focused, but somehow Nick finds the strength, dedication, & determination to do it!  Truly amazing!  Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment