Saturday, November 20, 2010

Still here...

I know it's been quite a while since I updated you all...  October was VERY busy!  Nicks parents came for a visit the second weekend for the U of A v. Oregon State football game.  They brought 2 other couples with them too.  Unfortunately, the Wildcats lost, but I was kind of happy that the out of towners got a win.  And the game didn't disappoint either, it was back and forth the whole game and wasn't decided until the final seconds!  We had a great time visiting with everyone and had AMAZING weather too, did lots of outside activities and even took my M-I-L to a ZUMBA class.  We also made two trips up to Phoenix, once for a Lewis & Roca retreat and then for an investment club meeting.  We had to movee out of our place by the middle of October, so during our last trip to Phoenix we rented a Uhaul and picked up all of our stuff [that friends and family so graciously stored for over a year!] that was scattered in various places all over Mesa / Scottsdale.  Which included getting all of our wedding gifts!!  FINALLY!!  We even made a pit stop in Tucson and cleaned out our storage unit too!!! 

I seriously felt like it was Christmas unpacking all of the Crate & Barrel gift boxes!!  I had to stop myself at one point to make sure Nick had a chance to take part in the fun...  :)  And now I feel like we have our own Crate & Barrel store in our kitchen!  Between unpacking all of the gifts and buying new stuff to fill our home up with, I feel like the Return Queen!  I have been at the Super Target so many times first thing in the morning, I am surprised they don't know me yet!!

So now we are all unpacked and settled in our new house.  I am busy trying to get it decorated for the holidays, but that's going slowly...  We will be getting a Christmas tree [fake, much to Nicks dismay] in the coming weeks!  I can't wait!!!  It will be the first Christmas we will get to decorate for as a married couple!!  Last year in New York our studio was so teeny and we were gone in AZ for 3 weeks so the most I did was make Nick an advent calendar.  [Which I need to get working on!]

I have been busy crafting away!  My friend Brittney's brother is in the military overseas and she thought it would be nice if a bunch of us sent him and his troop Christmas cards.  Here are a few pictures of the cards I made to wish them a happy holiday!


 




I have been working on designing our Christmas cards too.  My mom gave me a great scrapbooking book that has a ton of craft projects for the holidays which has given me lots of ideas!     

My good friend Alice had a baby boy earlier this year so I made him a blanket, this was my first crocheted project!   Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Sweet Baby James with it, but here is a picture I took while I was working on it.  It's more contemporary looking than most of the other blankets I have done in the past.  You crochet each band and then zig zag stitch it to the next strip.   

The thing I am obsessed with now is knitting cowls!  My first one was a mobious cowl which I knitted on circular needles that has a half twist in it.  And I just finished another one that is super chunky and can be worn around your neck bunched up or pulled partially over your head.  [I will post pictures soon!]

1 comment:

  1. I'll make sure to get a picture of James with his beautiful blanket from Aunt Missy!

    Your cards are so beautiful, the guys are going to love

    ReplyDelete