Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gingerbread

This was my first solo attempt at making cake balls.  I wanted to make something festive and easy to enjoy on Thanksgiving, so I chose a boxed gingerbread cake mix.  You bake the cake normally and let it fully cool and then break up the cake (with your hands) and mix in about 3/4 of a container of frosting.   

All mixed up and rolled with cream cheese frosting, ready to go into the freezer for about 45 minutes to set up. 


I speared the cake balls on a wooden skewer before dipping them in melted white chocolate that I colored with green food coloring.  After they were all coated in green I popped them back in the fridge for a little bit and then topped them off with more white chocolate and red sugar!  I wasn't able to coat the cake as evenly as I would have liked, but I think the mini muffin liners complete the look.

2 comments:

  1. they look so cute and the mini muffin liners just definitely make it look bakery worthy! i bet they were yummy! spice cake is so good! i tried this with red velvet and that was fun, but i had the same trouble with coating them... maybe there is a watered down version of chocolate that works better??? i think we've had this exact discussion before! most likely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete