Friday, March 5, 2010

three LONG weeks

So last Friday we bottled our first batch of beer (a Golden Lager) into liter bottles & have been waiting for them to carbonate.  All week the bottles have been resting  atop of our “armoire” & at least 6 times a day Nick will go over and squeeze them to check their progress.  Today we put two of the bottles in the fridge to enjoy tonight with dinner!  I will let you know how they turn out.

I think a drink might be necessary as I am ripping out my 10+ rows of knitting tonight /  this afternoon.  I decided that I would try a different pattern on this baby blanket for Caleb.  I have been SO concentrated on making sure I knit the right stitches & purl the right stitches that I guess I must have done one too many rows because the pattern is off.  Now to the normal “untrained” eye it might be undetectable, but I know it’s there & it’s going to drive me nuts.  The pattern is a basket weave and you knit & purl in series of 4 stitches in each row and then after 5 rows you knit an entire row, apparently it’s this entire knit row that I screwed up on because normally this row would be on the back *wrong* side of the blanket but in one section it’s on the front *right* side.  UGH!!!  I might have to switch over to Paige’s blanket for a little while and take a break.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. oooo... bummer! I hate ripping. I have ripped whole hats before that I didn't like. NO FUN! Good luck. I think taking a break from that project might be a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete