Monday, December 7, 2009

crafty (happy) girl

Nick has taken to the library which means that I was left to myself for the day.  So I sat with my cup of coffee & bagel at my desk and continued to craft away on the holiday cards we will be sending out, while catching up on my favorite shows on hulu.  :)  I did take  a break however to have lunch with my man & then go into volunteer (at Room to Grow) in the afternoon.  I LOVE it there!

I am so thrilled with how the cards are turning out, and am even MORE excited that I have some festive decorations strung up above my desk.  I made a sort of clothes line out of some yarn (I have a plethora of that laying around…) and have dangled all of the completed cards off of it for the time being (until we send them out).  And then I plan to hang cards that we receive on it also. 

I ran out of supplies from my Michaels run last week so I decided to venture over to Kate’s Paperie (www.katespaperie.com) in SoHo to restock.  I could get lost in this store!  They have everything dealing with stationary & gift wrapping you could ever want (at a very EXPENSIVE price).  :)  It’s very easy to get sidetracked here & I didn’t do a very good job at staying on task…  I ended up buying two different sticker type tapes to assemble the cards together, one of which I use all the time and another I decided to give a try for something different.  Unfortunately the new product I am NOT a fan of at all, the profile is a little bit too high so it lifts the paper off of the card more than I would like.  And my old standby tape,turned out to be something different – because I was so enamored with all of the glitz and glitter around me, I must have picked up the wrong thing.  So back to Michaels I go tomorrow!!!  Which you won’t find me complaining about.  :)  I got a 25% coupon anyway last week when I was there so I HAVE to go to use it, right?  :)  I will post pics soon of the cards / display.

No comments:

Post a Comment