Tuesday, November 24, 2009

knitting away…

I started knitting a few years ago when an old roommate taught me.  Thanks KRISTA!!!  Since then I think I have taught just about everyone I have lived with, my mom,  and the now the girl I volunteer for at Room to Grow.  It is such a neat hobby!  You can virtually do it anywhere, it only requires a couple of supplies, and it’s a great conversation starter!!! 

A few weeks ago I finished the first of MANY baby projects for one of my BEST friends, Melyssa, & her baby boy.  I got a late start on this because of the chaos that has been my life the last few months, but I ended up finishing it before his birth.  Yay!!!  I knitted a matching beenie for him too, hopefully it will fit.  I think this is my 7th baby blanket with roughly the same pattern & I am looking to switch it up a little bit for the next one… 

 

 

I have been working on a scarf for Nick made out of the yarns we picked up on the Aran islands on our honeymoon.  I wanted to get this done by Thanksgiving, but I am not sure I am going to make it.  I am not quite half way done, so I better get a move on.  :)

 

DSCN2286  

DSCN2285

Three weekends ago we took the bus (Fung Wah) into Boston to see Lindsay.  The ride was 4+ hours so I took a new knitting project along with to occupy my time.  Unfortunately in the hubbub of rushing to catch an earlier bus, I left all of my knitting & snacks below the bus on the way out there, so I whipped this up on our way back to NYC.  I have tried numerous hats for myself over the years and they have all been just OK, UNTIL this one -

 DSCN2282I think I will call this the “fung wah”

I found a pattern on Lion Brand’s web-site & I LOVE IT!!!  Now I want to make one in every color…

No comments:

Post a Comment