Thursday, August 26, 2010

sneak peak

Here is a little preview of what I have been working on the past few days to sell in my shop on Etsy or elsewhere...  I built myself a little light box to improve the quality of the photographs, but I still have a lot to learn.  I have been brainstorming trying to come up with a creative name, but am not excited about anything I have come up with just yet.  So if you have any ideas about what you see here or my design aesthetic please feel free to share!!

clothes pin decorated with handmade paper flower


handmade paper flower with rhinestone center


thank you card with clothes pin attached


paisley card with flowers and clothes pin attached


clothes pins with handmade flowers


handmade flowers and clothespins



miss you card


I have many more cards "stockpiled" to put up for sale as soon as I figure out a business name.  And a new blog to follow too focusing on all my crafting projects!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm...the name thing is tricky. I ended up with a rather generic name for my shop (referencing our apt number) so that if I decided in the future to change the direction or type of product to sell, the shop name could accommodate that. You could name your shop something like "Miss Fleur" - which is a play on your nickname (missy) and fleur is french for flower (referencing the paper flowers you're making?). Or reverse it for something more abstract like "Fleurmis" - sounds frenchy, fancy, fun, and playful - and also abstract enough if you decide to switch gears in your shop later. OK, I'm out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. melissa, these are beautiful! i LOVE the clothes pins. so simple...crisp, clean and modern! i love it. i like the name ideas from mrs lemons... maybe 'fleur de mi'. i can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete