Sunday, April 11, 2010

baby hats & booties

In search of the perfect hat pattern, I decided I needed to try knitting in the round with double pointed needles.  So I set off for the Lion Brand yarn store with a list of necessities.  Here are some of the pieces I have made so far.  I was very pleased with how the hats came out and they used so little yarn that I could probably make 3 hats out of each skein.  I wanted to make some booties to match the hats, but I couldn’t find a pattern that I LOVED, so I started looking for a crochet one and found one on Lion Brand’s web-site (surprise!!). 

 

DSCN2853 a look at the work in progress – when knitting with double pointed needles you distribute your stitches between 3 or 4 needles (depending on the size of your project) and you use another needle to transfer your stitches to as you are working in the round.

 

DSCN2857

green hat with rolled brim

 

DSCN2860

blue & white striped hat with ribbed brim

 

DSCN2861

green - first pair of booties

1 comment:

  1. OMGOSH!!!! Missy!! SO CUTE! I like the knit look, I may have to give it a try. It looks a little scary though! You are so talented! We are sooooo hooked ;) heehee

    ReplyDelete